A PIECE OF SKY
GDPR INFORMATION NOTICE
Airbus SAS and its affiliates (also known as, “Airbus”, or “we” or “us”) appreciate your interest in our products, services and business lines and your use of our websites, portals and “apps” (“Websites”). Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our websites. The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our business processes. Personal Data collected during use of our website is processed by us according to the legal regulations valid for the countries in which the websites is maintained. In addition, our Binding Corporate Rules Airbus BCR’s protect customer and partner data throughout the entire organisation. However, the website will include links to other websites or applications which are not necessarily covered by this Information Notice. In this event, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of such websites.
Airbus is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred as : ‘GDPR’) as well as each applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations (collectively referred as “Data Protection Laws and Regulations”).
Information Notice index
This Information Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect when you access/use the Website; how we use and disclose your data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred as: ‘Personal Data’. This definition covers a wide range of information to constitute Personal Data, including name, address, email address, identification number, location data or online identifier.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
When you use this Website, Airbus will collect, use and process any Personal Data you provide us (e.g. Name, Location, Address, Email, Phone number and professional data) and any information generated as a result of using the Website, such as IP address, the date and length of visit to the site, the pages you view etc.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
By using the App, Airbus will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice. Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes (hereinafter referred as : the ‘Purposes’):
Website Browsers / Administration.
- We use your Personal Data for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our websites and applications; to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers, partners and us; and to enforce our policies, directives and processes.
- We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We can communicate with you in a variety of ways, including email and via your social media accounts if you have agreed, and/or text message.
- We use your Personal Data to help you exercising your rights regarding data protection, especially to monitor and track your requests regarding your right of access, rectification and deletion of the Personal Data we store.
Research and development.
- We use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our websites, applications, services, and customer experience and for other research and analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, businesses, operations and processes.
- We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
To protect us and others.
- Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
What is the basis for processing of your Personal Data?
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your data. We generally rely on a number of grounds (reasons) for our business processing.
We process your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data are:
As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent at any time by following the instructions provided in the application process or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who will receive your Personal Data?
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Airbus;
- Our agents, service providers and advisers (e.g. Third party service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need such as IT maintenance and support, procurement services, compliance and security services, etc.);
- Law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable law.
Will your Personal Data be transferred to a third country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
Airbus processes your Personal Data mostly in the EEA. On occasion Personal Data is transferred to Airbus SE or affiliates of Airbus, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA. This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, and through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules, that can be found on our website www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCR’s or through alternative contractual frameworks where a third party is engaged to help us providing web-services to you.
Which countries may Airbus transfer Personal Data to?
Airbus will process and store your Personal Data only in France and the United-Kingdom.
For how long will your Personal Data be stored?
Your Personal Data will be stored one (1) year from the data collection, and as long as it is required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. If your Personal Data is not necessary anymore for the original purpose of processing, these will be erased on a regular basis.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose (for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation for example). If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons.
Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
You may at any time exercise your data protection rights:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to stop the processing of your data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Airbus, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where your consent is required, you may at any time withdraw such consent by contacting us at email@example.com However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the Website.
- Right to object : In some cases required by law, you may ask us to stop processing your Personal Data in the following cases
To this effect, please contact Airbus in writing either by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the addresses below, enclosing a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
Are you obliged to provide my Personal Data?
Under certain circumstances, when some Personal Data are necessary to enter into a contract or to comply with legal obligation, any failure to provide the requested Personal Data may conduct us not being able to fulfill our contractual/legal obligations or to achieve the expected results.
Are your Personal Data the basis for automated decision making, including profiling?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes or profiling. In the event that we should use such processes, we will advise you in advance.
How contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?
If you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available for enquiries or complaints, at the following email address:
email@example.com or you can write to the address below:
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
How ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority
or any other competent regional German authority as the case may be,
What are cookies?
Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided that you have consented. For example, cookies may be used to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
Which cookies do we use?
Please find below a table with specific information for each cookie that we may use on our Website:
|NAME OF COOKIES||PURPOSE||RETENTION PERIOD|
|cookies-banner||Cookies policy approval.||13 months|
|video-played||User experience, to show the intro video once only||1 month|
|log_in||User experience : get the user logged in to show the user project only||Session duration|
How can you disable or delete cokkies?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics. You may object at any time to the collection and analysis of statistical data regarding your access to and use of our Website by contacting us using the “contact us” function within our Website.
Modification of the Information Notice
Airbus will update this Information Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.